January 14, 2021 9:00 am | by Archana
How to use the Accounts Receivables ‘Show Reports’ function in SapphireOne.
For the next post in our Accounts Receivables Report Tutorials, we will be focusing on the fifth Accounts Receivables reporting function available in SapphireOne – the ‘Show Reports’ feature.
As we have seen in our previous posts, there are six different types of Accounts Receivables reports available within SapphireOne. These include:
- Show Reports
Read on for the next tutorial on the Accounts Receivables ‘Show Reports’ feature, a dynamic function which offers you a wide range of customisable report display options within SapphireOne.
A closer look at SapphireOne’s Account Receivables ‘Show Reports’ functionality.
The Accounts Receivables ‘Show Reports’ functionality gives you the ability to report dynamically within the SapphireOne interface.
Rather than creating a PDF report or printing a hard copy as we have seen in the other four Accounts Receivables reporting options – Details, Balances, Transactions, Statements – the Show Reports function allows you to pick your criteria and create an interactive report in real-time on your screen.
The Show Reports option presents the above pop-up, giving you the ability to create a pre-set ‘Balances by Client’ report. This report allows you to view your outstanding balances by client and report on the total amount of aged debtors in your data file.
You can choose how you would like to organise your report by selecting your preferences in the dropdown ‘Query’ and ‘Display’ fields at the top of the reporting window.
Show Reports – Query Dropdown
A feature of Show Reports is that queries may be performed using convenient drop-down menus as well as a dedicated query button allowing the user to search for virtually anything that is in the data file.
The ‘Depart’ drop-down menu gives you the ability to choose from ‘All’ departments to individual ones.
Show Reports – Display Dropdown
- The Display options for the report are also selectable using drop down menus.
- By selecting ‘Grouping’, you can select how you would like your clients to be displayed in the report – by ID, Class, Department, Area, State, Customisable Tags, or by Quotes.
- There is also an option to ‘Sort’ the list ascending or descending by selecting the > button just to the right of the data entry field. The direction of the > on the button will indicate the sort order.
- The ‘Column’ can also be sorted by ‘Aged’ debtors or the individual client ‘Terms’.
- Upon entry the ‘Recalculate’ button must be selected so that the system will do an initial calculation for the default settings in the report. When any changes are made it must also be selected so the system can re-calculate the report using the new selections as made by the user.
Show Reports – Export and Print
Once the report is on screen the user may print the report, or export the data in either HTML or CSV formats for direct viewing using a browser or excel spreadsheet type program.
For more information on Accounts Receivables Reports, or to find out how you can get the most out of your SapphireOne application, please contact us or book a call with a member of our Support Team. We are always here to help!
December 18, 2020 9:00 am | by Maddie Kent
Creating an Accounts Receivables Balances Report in SapphireOne.
SapphireOne has a variety of Accounts Receivables reports available, each allowing you to report dynamically on client data for many different purposes. The aim of the Account Receivables Report tutorials is to take you through each of the six reports so you can stay informed and up-to-date on SapphireOne reporting functionalities.
SapphireOne has six different types of Accounts Receivables reporting options, these include:
- Show Reports
In our previous post we looked at when and how to create the Client Details Report. In this post we will be looking in more detail at the second Accounts Receivables reporting option, the Balances Report.
The Balances Report.
The Client Balances Report gives you the ability to create and print a Credit Information report on Clients who currently have outstanding balances, giving you an overview of exactly which Clients owe money.
When selecting the Balances Report, you are presented with a print dialog pop-up enabling the selection of items required in the report:
This reporting function gives you the ability to choose from 20 different report types to best suit your specific reporting requirements. Below is an overview of each Report Type, and what each type can be used for:
- Standard Balances – This report shows the Standard Aged Balances.
- Un-posted Values – This report includes the un-posted values in the Standard Aged Balances Report.
- Credit Control – This report adds information about last receipt date and amount, contact, position and phone details.
- Wide – Balances – This report allows for the print of the reports in a wide format increasing the amount of Balance Data displayed.
- Wide – Un-posted – Allows the printing of the reports in wide format increasing the amount of Balance Data displayed, including un-posted.
- Wide – Credit Control – Allows the printing of the reports in wide format increasing the amount of Balance Data displayed, including Last Receipt details.
- As at Period Balance – This report gives the Client Balances as at a particular period in time. This should agree with the Balance Sheet Control Account for the same period.
- As at Date Balance – This report gives a balance report based upon current transactions.
- As at Detailed – This report gives a balance report based upon 7, 14, 21, 30, 60 and 90 days. This report also provides the Client’s agreed terms.
- As at Detailed Unallocated – This report prints balances for each client that are overdue and are also unallocated as of the entered date.
- As at Detailed Unallocated Periodically – This report prints balances for each client that are overdue and are also unallocated for a chosen period.
- Cash Flow – This report allows you to specify a given date prior to viewing balances to aid in cash flow projections.
- Cash Flow Detailed – This report allows you to specify a given date prior to viewing balances and transactions to aid in cash flow projections.
- Sales Analysis – This report gives a brief Sales Analysis of each Client.
- Sales Analysis Full – Gives full details of the Sales Analysis.
- Total Due Check – Simple Report that only prints: Total Due, Historial Total and Current Total.
- Standard Balances (Landscape) – This is the same as the Standard balances report, but in landscape format with extra room for Company name.
- Payment Performance – This prints a report in the form of a chart for the selected Clients displaying their payment performance as a percentage for payment term periods.
- Balances with Average Pay Days – This report prints out for the selected, Clients the average time in days it takes a Client to make payment.
- Standard Balances in FX Currency – Prints the balances in both the Local and FX currencies.
The ‘Report Selection’ drop-down menu also allows you to select which Clients balance data you would like to report on, allowing you to get more granular and specific with your reporting capabilities:
- Balances Only – This will print out all of the active Client balances. It will be limited to those Clients who do not have a zero balance.
- Unposted Balances Included – Will print out a report which includes all active Clients balances which will now include any unposted transactions and again those Clients who do not have a zero balance.
- All Records – This option will tell the system to print balances for all active Clients currently in the system including those with a zero balance.
- All Records Include Inactive – The system will print the balances for all Clients in the system including those who are currently marked as inactive. This will not reset their inactive state to active and it will also list those who have a zero balance which should mostly be the inactive clients.
Once you have chosen your defined report details, and selected ‘Print’, you have the option to open the report as a PDF or print the report directly from SapphireOne.
Stay tuned for the next blog post in our next Accounts Receivables Reporting Tutorials, where we will be focusing on the Transactions Report.
For more information on Accounts Receivables Reports, or to find out how you can get the most out of your SapphireOne application, please contact us or book a call with a member of our Support Team. We love hearing from you!
December 11, 2020 12:00 pm | by Maddie Kent
Creating an Accounts Receivables Client Details Report in SapphireOne
SapphireOnes Accounts Receivables Report functionality allows you to produce a variety of reports based on templates that have been designed in SapphireOne.
The Accounts Receivables reporting functionality includes six different types of reporting options, these are:
- Show Reports
Each Accounts Receivables report allows you to report dynamically on multiple client data fields for a variety of purposes.
The aim of the Accounts Receivables Reporting Tutorials is to take you through each of the six reports, so you can learn how to create and when to use each report, and stay up-to-date on all SapphireOne’s reporting capabilities.
The Client Details Report
The first of the Accounts Receivables reporting options in SapphireOne is the Client Details Report.
The Client Details Report gives you the ability to report on your clients contact details using a variety of defined data fields. You have the option to choose from 9 reporting types, each allowing you to generate reports on different client contact information.
When selecting the Client Details Report, you are presented with a print dialog pop-up enabling the selection of items required in the report. You have the option to select which Detail you would like to report on from a variety of reporting types.
Below is an overview of each Client Details Report Type, and what each report can be used for:
- One Liner – This is a simple report showing ID, Name, Contact, Position and Phone details.
- Two Liner – This report expands on the above report with additional Contact details for the nominated Client.
- Four Liner – This report expands again on the Two Liner and gives Postal and Physical Address details.
- Full Details – This report gives ALL details about each Client. There are two to a page unless there are too many notes or keywords for a Client.
- Address Details – This report gives details of the Multiple Addresses set up for each of the clients.
- Pricing – This report includes Price Book Information.
- Pricing Full Details – This report includes Price Book information and Client information.
- Direct Print – This report allows for the use of Direct Print layout as set up in Utilities. Within SapphireOne you can navigate to Utilities/Controls/Direct Print Layouts to define this.
- Direct Print 2 – This report allows for the use of another Direct Print layout option as set up in Utilities. Within SapphireOne you can navigate to Utilities/Controls/Direct Print Layouts to define this.
In the Report Selection menu drop-down, you can select the All Records option to print details for all Clients instead of only the Active Only Clients.
Once you have chosen your defined report details, and selected Print, you have the option to open the report as a PDF or print the report directly from SapphireOne.
Stay tuned for the next blog post in our next Accounts Receivables Reporting Tutorials, where we dig into the Balances Report.
For more information on Accounts Receivables Reports, or to find out how you can get more out of your SapphireOne application, please contact us or book a call with a member of our Support Team. We love hearing from you!
November 1, 2018 2:05 pm | by Archana
When looking into whether you should invest in an ERP system for supply chain management, you need to ask the following questions. Are we working at optimal speed and efficiency? Can you reduce waste? How susceptible is your business to outside risks? Are you staff working to their full capacity?
If you answered no to any of these then it may be time to install SapphireOne ERP application. Our ERP plays an integral part of managing supply chain management risk by making the entire chain more visible and resilient to changes in market demand.
SapphireOne supply chain management and ERP accounting software
SapphireOne ERP Accounting application allows manufacturing and distribution businesses the ability to gain enterprise wide, supply chain management visibility. The ERP also increases speed, efficiency and overall customer satisfaction. Our ERP offers real-time data which helps sales act on information faster, manage risks and save money via automated stock control and purchasing. The ERP will seamlessly coordinate and integrate the flow of material, information and financial.
With lack of information or the right tools to manage supply, it can be a tricky ensuring you won’t order too much or too little raw materials and inventory. SapphireOne ERP application automates your purchasing which reduces human errors, saving money and warehousing.
SapphireOne ERP inventory management ensures you have enough inventory on hand, in the right location, to accommodate demand. It enables you to integrate with external partners to ensure all parties communicate with each other. Stock tracking and management, sales and purchase order management, multi-channel fulfilment, warehouse management, and stock transfers are synced across the entire supply chain management.
SapphireOne ERP application has excellent distribution and logistics software functionalities. Optimise your logistics management with our delivery scheduling and manifest functionalities. Multi-location Inventory, advanced shipping, bin management, real-time dashboards are just some of the features offered.
In managing stock, you need real-time access to stock levels, cost and tracking information. SapphireOne ERP Accounting application has multi-warehousing functionality. Easily view where a stocked item is being held. Estimate how long it will take to deliver this item in store or to your customer. Tracking and control are made easy with our POS system via serial or batch numbers.
Optimising your inventory processes with SapphireOne ERP application will reduce manual labour. Time is saved in replenishing stock, processing shipments and deliveries to your customers. Having an automated system saves money, reduces the risk of human error and allows you to focus on delivering quality customer service.
October 15, 2018 2:43 pm | by Archana
On 8th October 2018, SapphireOne Business Accounting Application launched Version 17 in the Ros Packer room of the North Bondi Surf Lifesaving Club.
New features and improvements in Version 126.96.36.199 of SapphireOne ERP Business Accounting Application
There are some amazing performance improvements in the large processing functions in Version 17. For example, when processing Month End or Business Activity Statement (BAS SBR2), which historically have been two of the more time-consuming processes in the SapphireOne ERP Business Accounting Application, we have seen dramatic increases in performance of up to ten times than earlier versions.
New BAS SBR2 and STP working with ATO, adding your AUSkey to SapphireOne
SapphireOne Version 17 incorporates the ATO Standard Business Reporting SBR2, Single Touch Payroll STP and Tax File Declaration TFN for SapphireOne users who have installed their AUSkey into their SapphireOne datafile. These clients now benefit from what used to be a very time-consuming task with the ATO business portal, where they often had to reinstall java or change browsers frequently so they could lodge their BAS. Now with SapphireOne, there is no requirement for a browser as the interface seamlessly connects to the ATO.
SPS Commerce Fulfilment EDI Integration
SPS Commerce’s integrated end-to-end EDI solution, automatically populates orders into Version 17 of the Sapphire and SapphireOne ERP Business Accounting Application, while checking for errors when sending and receiving transactions. It also verifies that all transactions were sent and received successfully, providing critical process controls for vendors and suppliers. Implementing SPS commerce’s fulfilment EDI has brought many benefits into SapphireOne. It has reduced or eliminated manual data entry, saved chargeback penalties, streamlined inventory management, increased the speed time-to-market (TTM) delivery, boosted productivity without increasing staff, expedited receipt verification, improved record-keeping processes. The overall result is greater competitiveness, which will help SapphireOne users to be a major player in the larger enterprise retailer market.
Single Document Interface (SDI)
With the release of Version 17, we have now implemented Single Document Interface (SDI). This new interface provides a menu navigator which allows for every data entry screen, inquiry and reporting and processing screens to be opened simultaneously. This is a major advantage for those power users who require to run reports while still being able to make inquiries and process data entry.
Web Pack upgrade
Version 17 of the Sapphire Webpack has seen an upgrade of the original web interface bringing the application a fresher look to users. This includes a scalable interface which allows for minimal change of user interface from smaller devices such as iPhones through to web browsers being used on large monitors linked to desktop computers. Some new features such as the Sapphire Market WebPack, Leave Request, Time Sheets, Stock List and Stock Count have given users more functionality in our popular Sapphire product.
October 10, 2018 11:25 am | by Archana
SapphireOne ERP business accounting suite has a unique framework which allows management and decision makers to maintain full control over the entire organisation.
With full control you have the flow on effect of improved productivity, increased efficiencies, decreasing costs and streamlining processes. SapphireOne Enterprise Resource Planning software gives your finance team the necessary tools to create more realistic estimates and accurate forecasts in accrual-based costs, bank reconciliations, billing & invoicing, budgeting and tax preparation.
It’s your one stop complete business solution in functionality; easy to use, intuitive with a clear interface.
Fulfil your business dreams: ERP Business Accounting Suite with Business Intelligence Dashboards (BI), HR/Payroll automation, Inventory Management with Supply Chain control and Projects Management all within the one software application.
SapphireOne ERP, CRM, DMS and Business Accounting Software solution offers a comprehensive software suite which is highly scalable and supports unlimited users concurrently. We readily adapt to meet the changing requirements brought on by business expansion with customised integrated applications.
Our Enterprise Resource Planning ERP application offers a singular business accounting solution in functionality for Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Payroll/HR, Job Costing/Project Tracking, Multi-Company within the one database, Reporting with BI dashboards and Budgeting.
As you grow, your operations become more and more complex. Our ERP solution increases productivity and efficiency by guiding you though the complexities, preventing the never-ending data re-entry, streamlining functions such as your production, order fulfilment and delivery.
SapphireOne reduces labor costs
SapphireOne’s mission is to provide accurate, real-time information which in turn will streamline your ERP business accounting processes and make it easier, more efficient for your organisation. Reducing labor costs allows your managers to focus on what is important, prevent disruptions and delays, ensures reporting is easily accessible so they can make the right decisions quickly.
SapphireOne utilises warehouse space
Warehouses experience continuous transfer and shipping, so it is imperative to have tight controls and access to real-time data. SapphireOne Inventory mode will provide you with the exact location of inventory, a clear view of stock levels available, so you can maximise your “real estate” and warehousing. Multiple locations and distribution centres are linked using live data via Sapphire Web Pack. This allows for unlimited users to access certain parts of the live data file from any device with a browser including iPhones, iPads, android smartphones and tablets, along with your standard laptop or desktop.
SapphireOne improves supplier and customer relationship
Our SapphireOne Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Document Management System (DMS) applications ensure you stay ahead of the game by providing high quality customer service. Information at your fingertips and BI dashboards, allow the user to custom dashboards, custom reports, create role-based and ERP dashboards and forecast which inturn enables your staff to focus on what is important, sales and customer service.
SapphireOne maintains corrects inventory levels
SapphireOne Inventory module tackles the complexity of inventory control and provides the necessary tools to assist with bins, matrix tables, batch control, serial number tracking, location control, department control and normal or non-diminishing stock. Using our SapphireOne Inventory module, inventory forecasting and multi costing are made it simple.
SapphireOne drives sales, orders and profit
Simply put, our SapphireOne ERP, CRM, DMS and Business Accounting Software application integrates various aspects of your business — from accounting and human resources to production and sales. This allows you to easily manage tasks and process data, so you can concentrate on the bottom line, making sales and profit. The key feature is a centralised database allowing our users a complete summary of financials, sales figures and other important metrics. All your employees in different departments can have access to the same information without re-entering.
For a sneak peek at the full capabilities ERP, CRM, Accounting Software, Human Resources, Payroll, Assets and Document Management, check out SapphireOne and request a live demo, it is everything you’ll ever need to make your company management a success. Know more about us.