April 1, 2021 * Maddie Kent at 10:10 am
Use TSPlus for easy access to the SapphireOne Client Server from anywhere on any device.
Integrating TSPlus with SapphireOne gives remote users easy and secure access the SapphireOne Client Server from all over the world.
TSPlus is an exciting solution for SapphireOne clients who have remote staff working across Australia and worldwide. Integrating TSPlus with SapphireOne gives SapphireOne users the ability to run remote offices by providing simple and secure access to the SapphireOne Client Server through a web browser.
SapphireOne clients already have the ability to access the SapphireOne Web Application through our WebPack offering, and the TSPlus integration now gives users the additional functionality to access the full SapphireOne Client Server through a remote desktop.
SapphireOne is seamlessly integrated with numerous APIs including partners such as Shopify, ChannelAdvisor, WooCommerce, PayPal, Stripe, ATO, MailChimp, Western Union, Australia Post, Move It Brandscope, Oanda & more, and we are excited to offer our clients this additional functionality to continue meeting their unique business requirements.
Read on to learn about TSPlus and the benefits it has had for SapphireOne clients.
What is TSPlus?
TSPlus is an affordable and efficient Microsoft Citrix/RDS alternative, offering remote desktop and application delivery for small businesses to large enterprises.
A few benefits of TSPlus include:
- 1. Remote Desktop Access – TSPlus enables any of your Windows 7 to 10 Pro and Server 2008 – 2019 to act as a Citrix or a Terminal Server.
- 2. Web Browser Access – It allows you to access your server through built-in HTML5, empowering users with seamless access to Windows-based applications and desktops from any web browser on any device.
- 3. Connection from Computers, Tablets & Mobiles – The built-in HTML5 client provides a browser access to Windows applications and user desktops from all types of end-user devices, without having to install anything on the device – this means no additional plug-in or app is required.
- 4. Supports Remote Offices – It also creates a seamless remote office experience, and is an effortless solution for creating a complete work-from-home environment, giving users remote desktop access to their office PCs in no time.
- 5. Secure Web Tunnel – The built-in HTTPS Web Server and SSH server is secure and reliable, enabling you to connect fully and securely from any web browser with SSH Tunnelling and port forwarding over HTTP and HTTPS.
“Overall it has made managing remote Server access much easier.” – James Brown, Bordo International.
We had a chat with James Brown from Bordo International about his experience using TSPlus and SapphireOne.
James you have been a SapphireOne client since 1995. Why did you recently decide to implement TSPlus?
“We have an office in Europe and our overseas staff were previously using Microsoft Citrix to access the SapphireOne server remotely. We were experiencing problems with the program, the set-up was fragile and we were continuously needing to fix things. We also needed a Windows server license in order to run it. We then experienced Covid lockdown in Victoria, and had many more staff that now needed to work from home and access the SapphireOne server remotely. Lucky for us, we had already switched over to TSPlus at that stage.”
What does Bordo mainly use TSPlus for?
“The main reason we use TSPlus is for the easy access to the SapphireOne Server that it provides for our remote staff. It also has great add-on packages like the Advanced Security Module, Two-Factor Identification and the Virtual Remote Printer which connects you to the local printer from a remote desktop. Because TSPlus is run on a web browser, when you print something using the Virtual Printer it also pops-up the PDF version within the browser. The TSPlus Support team have also been great.”
How would you describe the user experience of TSPlus?
“Our staff find it very straight forward to use. Because it has the HTML5 Client, you don’t have to install any complex client software onto the machine, you just need a web browser in order to access the SapphireOne Client Server.”
In your experience, what are the main benefits of using TSPlus?
“The main benefits would be the cost, as it is a lot lower than Citrix. It also does not require a complex Windows server set-up or licenses, and it is easy to install. Overall it has made managing remote Server access much easier.”
For more information on how you can implement TSPlus, or any of our API Integrations and Partnerships designed to make your life easier, you can contact us or book a call with a member of our Support Team. We’re always here to help!
Tags : -