January 17, 2019 * Fiona at 9:39 am
Important New Security Code built into SapphireOne
There have been security breaches within our competitor’s software of vendor files being hacked relating to their BSB and Account numbers. An external party has been changing these details and clients who thought they were paying vendors have been unwittingly paying into someone else’s bank account.
To ensure this doesn’t happen to our SapphireOne clients we have coded a Workflow on Vendor bank account changes.
This needs to be installed by the nominated person with access to Bank Details.
To create a Workflow in SapphireOne go to:
- Utilities Mode
- Top tool bar select Controls- Workflow Rules
- Click the blue + sign in the left corner of the tool bar
- Insert Title ie Vendor Bank Changes
- Go to Transaction- select Vendor
- Underneath for Rules Trigger- select Bank Details
- Go to Type – insert User Name
- On the right click the Authorisation Required box and the Email Notification box below if you would like to receive one (ensure your email account is set up in SapphireOne)
- Then confirm by clicking on the green tick in the top tool bar which will take you to the Workflow Rules Inquiry screen
- Ensure your rule has been recorded then close the screen by clicking on the red cross in the tool bar
For the Notification Alert:
- In the top right corner of SapphireOne the Blue round icon will display a notification
- Click on the bank changes notification to be directed to the Workflow Centre
- Highlight the change you would like to approve
- Then click on the top right button called Open In Inquiry
- You will be directed to the History of Bank Changes screen
- Double click to open the transaction you would like to review, then check the details are correct
- Close down the screens till you are back at the Workflow Centre
- Highlight the change again and click the approve or reject button down the bottom
Every time there is a change to bank account details it needs to be approved by the nominated person.
SapphireOne also strongly recommends you verbally confirm changes in bank account details with your vendors, and ensure you talk to the appropriate contact.
For extra security, a record is kept of the changes. Go to Utilities Mode, select in top tool bar History, then History of Bank Changes.
Tags : -